Italy: Court Says Gays Who Marry Abroad Can Bring Partner to Italy

Written by scott on February 23rd, 2012

Italy Ruling for Binational CouplesThe non-EU foreigner, who married an Italian citizen of the same sex, has the right to move in Italy and obtain a residence permit.

This was established by the Court of Reggio Emilia which agreed with a Uruguayan man who, after his wedding in Spain with his partner of Italian nationality, did not received the residence permit by the Italian Police, because gay marriages are not allowed by the national legislation. A justification which was not considered valid by the Judge of Reggio Emilia.

Full Story from

Click here for gay wedding resources in Italy.

To subscribe to this blog, use the rss feed on the right, or use the form at right to join our email list. You can also email us at Or find us on Facebook. We’re also tweeting daily at


Leave a Comment