Seriously?

Written by scott on March 9th, 2013

There’s a guy here from KSTE AM 650 asking provocative questions – he just asked one of our straight allies if marriage equality meant he could marry his sister.

The reply?

“If you want to marry your sister, you probably need counseling”!

33 Comments so far ↓

1. Debi says:

Only from a hetro would you hear they would want to marry their sister. They really need to stop fantasizing about gay sex and just leave it up to us, lol!

2. Alisha says:

This person asked me and my husband the same question. He walked up to us and asked if we would answer some questions..we said “of course” then asked us if we believe in love to this we said” absolutely”..he then asked if we believe that anyone should be able to get married so of course we said “absolutely!” Right away he then asked “so if i love my sister, should i be allowed too marry her?” I replied by telling him he was disgusting and that we were done talking to him. How foul can you be to come to a loving demonstration and spew such awful and disgusting things at people?

3. Jon says:

He’s a F.A.G. (Friend of the Armstrong & Getty Show.)

4. Joe says:

His way of coming out of the closet.

5. Nick Palmer says:

Yes, be careful around this guy. He threatened to kick my teeth down my throat. Vile little man.

6. Nancy says:

@Alisha – Sooooo . . . awful and disgusting is how you would describe a loving relationship that might culminate with a desire to get LEGALLY married, and since it isn’t within your parameters of what is acceptable, then perhaps it begs the question, what is the purpose of marriage . . . and does the GOVERNMENT need to be a party to it? Food for thought!

7. Log says:

Chingady Ching

8. SpyKat says:

I guess not everyone knows A&G after all, let alone a star from Friday the 13th. Sorry Dom. P.S. I always wanted to marry my cousin.

9. Sothinskinned says:

He is a producer for the Armstrong and Getty program. He is as queer as a $3 bill. He has very strong East Coast Italian-American views of PDAs. He put himself up to doing these interview. Hurts when he exposes flaws in the language of tolerance and acceptance. The answer is; “Yes, you should have the Right to marry your sister. And yes, you need counseling.” Shows your small mind by calling it disgusting. It’s unhealthy to breed if they are related first generation. I’m adopted and not related to any of my family. Could I marry a sister or cousin? How am I disgusting? Nice high horse. Can’t wait to see the fall…

10. Roger says:

Dominick for President !!

11. Dano HI 30 says:

Bunch of cry babies “answer the question”.

12. Don says:

He is very annoying and adds nothing to the sow.

13. Rachel says:

Agree with Don

14. Rob says:

For all of you bashing this man Dom…. He was just trying to make a legitimate point.

And for christs sake he played a fat gay guy that was murdered in the movie Friday the 13th part 7 or 8 or something like that.

15. Tiffany says:

You people are so funny. The minute someone asks a tough question… you go right to being outraged and name calling. So predictable. Dominic is hilarious!! And seriously, where does it stop? Why can the question be asked? For a group that touts “Love is Love” Does that me “Love your way is Love”??

16. scott says:

Anything can be asked. But we also have the right to call out the question as offensive.

17. Tiffany says:

Scott… you are so right. You have the right to make sure that everyone knows your opinion.

18. Dano HI 50 says:

Did Sothinskinned call Dominick gay he typed “He is queer “?

19. 442Paula says:

Dominick is hysterical (funny, I mean) because he likes to ask these over-the-top questions. He IS obsessed with homosexuality, but maybe its just sex in general he’s obsessed with. I think he should’ve asked “can I marry my cat, if she’s willing?” because he knows incest (sister question) is unhealthy for us as a species…wait…oh its too complicated. Never mind.

20. Tom says:

In answer to the title… no, not seriously. Lighten up!

21. David T. says:

I don’t see what’s offensive about the question. The argument this particular event was focusing on was “Love is Love”, which is to say a gay couple’s love is just as meaningful as a straight couple’s love and should be accepted as such.

The exact same argument can be made for polygamous relationships and for incestuous relationships. “Love is Love”, and it’s not my place (or your place) to put restrictions on love provided it’s between consenting adults.

22. Chipotle says:

I heard he was accompanied by a skinny handsome Asian man. I assume they are lovers.

23. Joshua says:

I love that 90% of these comments are from people following the A&G link here.

I’m pro gay marriage, but I don’t think you’re seeing the world clearly if you think gay marriage should be legal, but brother-sister or polygamy is “disgusting” to you. They’re all consenting adults.

24. chestercheeto says:

Why shouldn’t you be allowed to marry your sister if you’re a woman or your brother if you’re a man? Hypocritical much?

“Because it’s disgusting” is why people for years have not wanted gay marriage. You need a better answer than “it’s disgusting” or “historically marriage is between non-siblings”. Once you take reproduction out of the equation the argument for birth defects falls away.

25. Whitecat says:

Not . . . Uh . . . Good.

26. TJ says:

Dominick’s okay but he is both a contrarian and a confused gay man.

27. 442Paula says:

Joshua, that is quite true, I think thru Dominick they got a lot more comments here than they would’ve otherwise. No such thing as bad publicity! I have come to the conclusion that the word marriage should be tossed. “Limited Partnership” is better. It’s just a legal contract after all, who cares? What we need is to ask Webster’s Dictionary. Pay extra to get it called what you want on a form. (OK I’ll shut up now) =)

28. Frederick Bastiat says:

It’s a valid question and one that needs to be answered, regardless of what side you take on this issue. Except that there is no answer, other than the same “it’s disgusting” that is rejected when it comes to gay marriage. So the answer becomes, raise your voice and make personal attacks.

29. MSki says:

The irony is hilarious, especially since the critics of his questions are too dense or washed to get it

30. John says:

Homosexual = Tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex. The question he should’ve asked was if Scott would marry his brother if he loves his brother.

Also in other words, anything outside of LGBT is “disgusting”

What a poor bunch of hypocrites

31. Sothinskinned says:

Scott…nice bomb dropping. Start this debate and only respond once to say “it’s just my opinion and I’m offended.” Chased away from your own discussion because your feeling got hurt. Wow! U R Sothinskinned…. Sorry logic got the better of you.

32. Sothinskinned says:

BTW — The Coin misses his Paula and the Vista Cruiser.

33. Alvin Mous says:

It’s a legitimate question. If you’re going to open up marriage from being strictly between a man and a woman then why not between any two consenting adults. Why limit it to two? Your unwillingness to even consider the question is intellectually dishonest.

For those who say,”That’s disgusting,” consider this: that is probably the same reaction people have when you suggest mustache wrangling or clam smashing.