Cartoon: The Mostly Gutsy Northeast

Written by scott on May 15th, 2013

Joe.My.God reports on a great new cartoon: “One (or two) of these states is not like the others…”

130515_Cartoon_insert_c_Washington_Blade_by_Ranslem

8 Comments so far ↓

1. David Moore says:

As founder of Marriage Equality for Pennsylvania, I assure you, that we are fighting to make marriage equality happen here, but it is going to take time to work its way to the legislature in Harrisburg. Incidentally, your artist didn’t include Erie County (the part that touches Lake Erie) in your drawing.

2. Arturo Schultz says:

Ouch my Philly friends will love this

3. MK says:

I live in Maryland. Our northern neighbor has nothing in common with the northeast. It is a vast sea of cow pasture and rolling mountains. It might not be Alabama but it’s not gay friendly in the least. @Arturo: Philadelphia is not representative of PA at all. It is in the lower right corner of the state and shares a labor pool with New Jersey and Delaware.

4. DC says:

and thats why we call it Pennsyltuckey.

5. JLG says:

I’m pretty sure it was James Carville back in the 1992 presidential campaign who described Pennsylvania as “Philadelphia in the east, Pittsburgh in the west, and Kentucky in the middle.”

6. briteyes says:

I dunno, Arturo. I’m in Philly and this is right on. As they say, PA is Pittsburgh & Philadelphia with Kentucky in the middle.

7. Matt says:

I resent this statement, and I’ll tell you why. Yes, while PA’s rural areas are hardly LGBT friendly one can find that our urban centers across the state are teeming with LGBT culture. While I can’t speak for the Eastern half of the state I know that in Pittsburgh our gay community is strong and thriving. Discrimination in Pittsburgh towards the gay community is rarely expressed and even seen.

8. Jimmy says: