Periodically we’ll feature one of our vendors here to let our readers know about some great people who can help you plan the perfect wedding:
The wedding experience at San Jose’s First Unitarian Church begins in our 121 year old Sanctuary where rows of wooden seats are arranged in a semicircle on both the main floor and the mezzanine. They face a stained-glass panel that flanks the graceful, triple-arched chancel.
Your wedding guests can gather in the Fireside Room for cocktails. At dinnertime, just swing open the French doors into Hattie Porter Hall, a spacious, high-ceiling dinner and dancing area.
For many couples, the dream starts with a big church wedding, preferably a place with lots of charm, a sense of history and a warm, inviting atmosphere. Well, dreams can come true, because the First Unitarian Church of San Jose is gay friendly, and offers all that and more, welcoming gay and lesbian couples tom get married in this beautiful, sacred space.
Built in 1891 and recently restored to its former glory, the venue’s Romanesque Revival architecture incorporates graceful domes, arched entryways, a sun-kissed stucco facade and some of the most beautiful stained-glass windows you’re likely to find anywhere.
Perhaps equally important, the church, with its long tradition of community outreach and social equality, welcomes all couples – regardless of religious affiliation or sexual orientation – to celebrate their union in its unique circular sanctuary.
As an added bonus, before and after the ceremony, members of the wedding party can retreat to the upstairs lounge to change clothes or to just relax.
Our Complete Wedding Experience Package includes:
- Two hours of pre-planning and eight hours for rehearsal, decorating, the event and cleanup.
- Your choice of rectangular tables for 135 guests or round tables for 88 guests.
- Use of two kitchens to warm and assemble prepared food with access to an elevator to bring items from the main kitchen to the reception hall
- Use of the upstairs lounge
- Use of the Fireside Room for cocktails or for use as a buffet.
- Validated parking in the Third and Fourth Street Garages.
- If you’re looking for a church setting to marry your partner, please give us a call – we would love to work with you to create the perfect wedding day.
See the First Unitarian Church Expanded Listing on Purple Unions Here
Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors in the San Francisco Bay Area