South Dakota Restaurant Makes Employee Wear “Gaytard” Name Badge

Written by scott on June 26th, 2014

Gaytard name tagHeres one for all those folks who say there is no discrimination against gays and lesbians in the workplace.

Queerty reports:

Fast food restaurants are always looking for convenient ways to make your life easier, and a Taco John’s in South Dakota has come up with a remarkable new innovation. The Yankton restaurant made a 16-year-old employee named Tyler Brandt wear a nametag reading “Gaytard,” making it simple and convenient for consumers to identify Tyler as a retarded homosexual. Great idea! Tyler claims the manager forced him to endure lots of abuse, and didn’t want to jeopardize his job so he went along with it, miserably. Finally, after the nametag ordeal, he quit.

The manager is a disgusting excuse for a human being. But under South Dakota law, what he did was perfectly legal. Under US law too.

Find more articles and gay wedding resources in South Dakota.

11 Comments so far ↓

1. Trevor Andrews says:

I will not be going to any Taco John’s ever. That manager is an employee who should not be allowed the right to work but jive as a destitute individual, void of any morals.

2. Trevor Andrews says:

Wouldn’t that be sexual harassment of a minor, putting the manager on a sex offenders list?

3. Angelika says:

Whether its LGBT or the Disabled people are so incredible ignorant and rude! This kid ought to sue the living pits out of Taco Johns! There is something like Equal Employment Opportuniry no matter which state you live!

4. Megan Patterson says:

I grew up in cali and moved to sd three years ago my favorite relative is my cousin jen and she’s gay there is nothin wrong with it..people make me sick.. this poor kid could have killed himself over this bull shit. Taco Johns is a horrible place and we will not be eating there ever again

5. Don says:

I wonder if there is not some legal recourse. Maybe not against the gay part (unfortunately), but if Tyler is mentally disabled, behavior like that may be against the Americans with Disability Act.

6. Rochelle Collins says:

Actually that is bullying it is demeaning and humiliating it could be sexual harrassment or harrassment period. That boss is lucky that kid isntmine and I do not live there. I am a mama bear and he would pay publicly for what he did. He should be punished if not by law then by public humiliation himself.

7. Judith A. Hugo says:

Where in the hell is this kids mother, letting is happen to her child. I won’t tell you want i would have done to this manager, if my child was made to wear that name tag.

8. heather says:

This is messed up.. this young man should have walked out immediately!!! I wish him the best in life. Dont get down on yourself. Be u!! Dont let others tell u how 2 be. We all love u and will support u.

9. kristine weibel says:

This is just so wrong on so many levels. I hope this young man told the boss to F*** himself.
    Hope he sues.

10. Margaret says:

This is legal? Why is that? How do we out a stop to that law our set of laws?

11. Jack Cornell says:

The manager of Taco John’s will get his karma..no doubt about it. Meanwhile, I hope this young man finds a friendlier work environment.